u-He produce a wide array of plugins, but specialise in creating top-quality virtual synths. They’ve worked closely with composer like Hans Zimmer, Hans Hafner, Reinhold Heil, and Johnny Klimek as well as sound designers like Alon Prat, Kevin Schröder, Tasmodia, Michael Kastrup and BigTone Studios. As a result you can be sure that whenever you purchase a u-He plugin you’re getting some of the best software on the planet!
So without further ado, let’s take a look at their full range of plugins…
Presswerk is more than emulation of a single hardware compressor. Like Satin, Presswerk is a toolkit, drawing ideas and inspiration from a number sources. It starts with the warmth you expect from classic analogue units, and then adds features only possible in the digital realm. The result is a powerful compressor with a rich feature set and a very musical soul. Presswerk was designed to fit into any workflow, no matter what task you throw at it. Presswerk gives you the tools for better sound.
- Sidechaining: use ducking to create more space in your mixes, or get creative with keying and pumping effects.
- Adjustable compression curve and envelope. Find the best settings, get the most out of your audio using the soft knee, compression ratio, attack and release and other controls.
- Loud. Oh yes, Presswerk is more than capable of making your tracks louder!
- Soft clip. Roll off those harsh peaks and avoid distortion when output levels get too high.
We think it’s safe to say that nothing else quite sounds like tape. Satin puts the legacy and pedigree of tape recording in your hands: from top-of-the-line multi-track consoles to humble cassette decks. All the good (saturation, transient smoothing, compression) as well as the bad (noise modulation, flutter, hiss) qualities are under your control. Satin allows you to construct your very own (im)perfect tape machine.
- Mix-and-match emulation spans all major historical developments in tape technology
- Control multiple instances from one panel – ‘glue’ multiple tracks together
- High-quality: internal sample rate up to 384kHz, continuous tape speed control
- All the ‘goodness’ of tape (saturation, transient-smoothing, HF compression etc.)
- Full control over the ‘badness’ (head-bump, wow&flutter, asperity noise, hiss etc.)
- Record / repro EQ standards (separately selectable), classic NR compander standards
- Extra FX modes: through-zero tape flanging, host-synchronizable 4-tap stereo delay
Uhbik is a collection of nine different sophisticated studio effects. Sleek, intuitive and powerful. Each effect comes as a separate plug-in, so you only load what you need when you need it. This cuts down on the amount of time you need to spend shifting through effect to find the one you need. With Uhbik you can create crazy effects chains or add that delicate final touch to your projects. From subtle to spectacular, Uhbik is ready.
Hive was developed as a lightweight synth that packs a punch no matter what genre of music you’re working on. Whatever your style from dance to ambient, progressive rock to R&B—Hive is the right tool for the job: a lightweight synth that delivers a heavyweight sound!
- Single page user interface
- 2,700 presets
- 2 main oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators
- 3 synth engine characters (Normal, Dirty, Clean)
- Up to 16x unison per oscillator
- 2 multimode filters (LP, HP, BP, BR or Peak)
Like many great synth plugins before it Repro draws upon inspiration from the past to deliver not one, but two brilliant virtual synths meticulously modelled on famous synthesisers. Every detail of the original was captured using component-level modelling technology to create the most authentic model possible. All the subtle characteristics and quirks found in the originals are present in Repro. One product, one installer, two synths.
- Two synths in one!
- Powerful analogue sound using component-level modelling
- 2 oscillators: saw / pulse and saw / triangle / pulse
- Oscillator waveforms can be combined
- Waveform pulse width modulation and oscillator sync options
- White noise generator
- ADSR envelope
What happens when you combine a powerful, high-quality sound engine with numerous high-tech sound sculpting tools? Zebra2 – The workhorse synth of the u-He family. With Zebra2 a near-limitless range of new sounds and textures awaits you. It should come as no surprise to you to hear that Zebra2 is a favourite amongst soundtrack composers, producers and sound designers. In fact many of the sounds you hear on Hans Zimmer’s ’Batman Begins’ came from Zebra! Zebra2 provides you with all the tools you need to sculpt masterpieces. The rest is up to you.
- The unique patching system is a bliss to work with, complexity never gets in your way
- It is renowned for crystal-clear quality… which can turn dark & dirty if you want
- No static samples here – pure synthesis delivers more expressive & natural sounds
- Heavily featured in blockbusters The Dark Knight, Inception, Transformers, Tron:Legacy…
- The editor window is resizable, and there are some nice alternative skins available
- It has an independent charm, with a vibrant community of helpful users in the KVR forum
- The clever design and adaptive UI keep everything you need on a single page
Diva captures the spirit of five decades of analogue synthesisers. Oscillators, filters, and envelopes from some of the greatest monophonic and polyphonic synths of yesteryear were meticulously modelled for unmatched analogue sound. Diva is more than a single synthesiser: Recreate an old favourite or mix-and-match modules to design your own unique hybrid. Create your own trademark sounds today.
- 1200 presets
- Authentic, unrivalled analogue sound
- Up to 40% less CPU-hit than version 1.0
- Multithreading support for modern CPUs – more polyphony, less overload
- Even bigger library of gorgeously organic presets
- The essence of 7 or 8 vintage synths for about 1% of the cost
Bazille is u-He’s self described ‘monster synthesiser. It’s flexible, powerful, and packs an incredible sound. It’s effectively a blank canvas that provides you with everything you need to explore your creative ideas. Connect modules together however you like: explore, experiment and play. Build sounds from the gargantuan to the ethereal. Such flexibility invites exploration — and you will quickly discover how powerful and deep Bazille is.
- Over 1700 presets
- Four digital oscillators with simultaneous FM (frequency modulation), PD (phase distortion) and FR (fractal resonance)
- 4 multimode analogue type filters with up to 6 parallel outputs each
- 4 modelled effects: stereo delay, distortion, phaser, spring reverb
- 2 LFOs with 3 parallel outputs each
- 4 ADS(S)R type envelope generators