After causing a stir of excitement with an announcement earlier this month, iZotope have just released version 6 of their critically acclaimed RX audio editing software. For years, top music and post-production engineers have heavily relied on RX for speeding up their workflow; producing flawless results in seconds that would otherwise take hours to solve, it is a must-have in the field. Now RX 6 once again pushes the boundaries, introducing entirely new breathtaking technology that not only fills the needs of engineers but of producers and musicians as well.
Breathtaking new tech
Thanks to machine learning and nearly two years of research, iZotope solved some of the biggest issues in post-production including low-end wind rumble, lavalier mic rustle, and voice isolation.
RX 6 includes a new De-bleed module that not only works on drums, but other acoustic instruments like piano, vocals, guitar, and more. This will prove to be extremely useful in situations such as removing a headphone click track bleed from an instrument or vocal recording.
Dialogue & vocal repair
RX 6 now includes new repair tools designed specifically for dialogue and vocals including Mouth De-click,
Breath Control, and the innovating new Spectral De-ess module.
The RX 6 Audio Editor now allows you to bring in up to 16 individual audio tracks and edit them as if they were one, easily removing audio issues that appear across multiple microphones – a huge time saver.
RX 6 also includes major DSP improvements, fixes, UI enhancements, and even MP3 Export.
RX 6 comes in 4 different versions, each one tailored to cover the needs of musicians, producers and engineers of all levels:
RX Elements is the budget-friendly noise version of RX designed for small home studios that need the basics. It includes the standalone audio editor and spectral editing so you can visualize your audio and make edits with precision and accuracy. In addition, RX Elements includes four real-time plug-ins that can be used inside your favourite digital audio workstation enabling you to fix clipping, remove hums, clicks, and other unwanted background noise like amp hiss or air conditioner noise.
- Voice De-noise – Reduce unwanted steady state or changing background noise
- De-click – Clean up vinyl clicks, soften up click-y bass guitars and more
- De-clip – Repair digital and analogue clipping artifacts to restore distorted audio
- De-hum – Remove ground loop hum and line noise
Perfect for home-based music and post-production studios, RX 6 Standard features a standalone application with powerful spectral editing capabilities and realtime plug-ins. Easily fix vocal issues like sibilance, distracting breaths, mouth clicks, and headphone bleed. Intelligently remove undesired sounds from a file with the magic of Spectral Repair. Fix issues like clipping, clicks, hum, and unwanted background noise in the standalone application or with the realtime plug-ins in your favourite digital audio workstation. RX 6 Standard features everything in RX 6 Elements plus:
- Composite View – Fix problems picked up by multiple microphones
- De-bleed – Remove headphone bleed and fix other signal bleed issues
- De-ess – Tame overly aggressive sibilance with iZotope’s Spectral Shaping technology
- Mouth De-click – Remove distracting mouth noise with the new low latency Mouth De-click
- Spectral Repair – Visually paint away audio problems like ringing cell phones and squeaky bass drum pedals
- De-plosive – Transparently repair unwanted plosives with a single click.
- Spectral De-noise – Attenuate amp buzz, tape hiss, and other unwanted steady state background noise.
Geared towards post-production film and broadcast facilities, RX 6 Advanced is the complete audio repair, noise reduction, and dialogue editing toolkit featuring revolutionary repair tools like lav mic rustle removal and dialogue isolation, developed with machine learning. Remove lav mic rustle with the industry first De-rustle, reduce low-end wind rumble with De-wind, and remove mouth clicks with the low latency Mouth De-click. Remove microphone bleed, isolate dialogue from noisy backgrounds with Dialogue Isolate, and tame aggressive sibilance with the transparent Spectral De-ess. Clean up your sound with the new industry standard for audio repair. RX 6 Advanced features everything in RX 6 Standard plus:
- De-rustle – Remove lavalier mic rustle from dialogue with a single click—an industry first!
- Dialogue Isolate – Extract dialogue from noisy environments with complex background sounds
- De-wind – Clean up low-frequency wind rumble from location dialogue.
- Ambience Match – Fill inconsistent ambience beds under constructed sentences and ADR lines right from within Pro Tools AudioSuite.
- EQ Match – Impart the EQ profile of location dialogue to ADR with two clicks.
Headed up by the flagship RX 6 Advanced, RX Post Production Suite 2 is the ultimate post-production toolkit bundle, providing intelligent and powerful software solutions for everything from dialogue editing to mixing and delivery. The bundle includes:
- RX 6 Advanced – The advanced version of the industry standard for audio repair. Featuring powerful, time-saving dialogue editing tools and technologies for post production like mic de-rustle, dialogue isolation, and low-end wind rumble removal. It also introduces creative approaches to age-old dialogue recording problems like sibilance, mouth clicks, breaths, and microphone bleed. With version 6, RX advances to the next level of audio repair that once seemed impossible.
- Neutron Advanced – The smartest way to mix for audio post-production. Neutron’s high-quality, CPU- efficient audio processing offers zero-latency processing, a BS.1770 True Peak Limiter, dynamic EQ with sidechaining to sonically balance sub-mixes & more
- RX Loudness Control – Ensure your mixes meet global broadcast loudness specifications. RX Loudness Control works faster than real-time to ensure your audio mixes are delivered within the appropriate loudness standards.
- Insight metering suite – Insight provides an extensive set of audio analysis and metering tools, perfect for visualizing changes made during mixing and mastering, troubleshooting problematic mixes, and ensuring compliance with broadcast loudness standards.
- Groove 3 Video Training – Get a 1-year, all-access pass to Groove3’s online video tutorials. Tailored for beginners and professionals alike, Groove3 offers valuable in-depth education on RX. You can also enhance your understanding of ProTools, Logic, and other leading audio software.
- Pro Sound Effects – Get 50 download credits to the Pro Sound Effects Library. Each download comes with a 1-user, perpetual, royalty-free, commercial license for use in an unlimited number of productions. Search, browse, preview, and download from 175,000+ professional sound effects.
Head over to our dedicated RX page here to see more info on all the versions on offer, including the great selection of upgrades and crossgrades for existing RX users! More videos below…