What is RX Final Mix?
iZotope’s RX Final Mix is a real-time plug-in for controlling peaks and giving your mixes and sub-mixes a smooth sonic balance. The Dynamic EQ and True Peak limiter features are specifically designed for film, TV, and other multimedia post production.
Intelligent DSP, the result of direct consultation with industry professionals, offers both maximum sound quality and True Peak compliance with the latest loudness standards (EBU R128, DPP, etc.). This processing delivers reactive, program-dependent, and more transparent, dynamic mix results.
Ensure clearer dialogue, maximum sonic impact, and more accurate mix compliance with RX Final Mix!
RX Final Mix Workflow
RX Final Mix has been designed to complement the post production workflow and post-specific requirements:
TV & multimedia post production
- Mixing TV or web series, adverts, and more
- Mono, stereo, and up to 5.1 for use on either stems or the master bus
- Limiter maximizes impact by transparently reducing dynamic range and incorporates loudness-compliant True Peak metering
Film post production
- Provide a smooth listening experience for the viewer, even when dealing with a wide variety of audio assets (from dialogue to SFX to music)
- Transparent dynamic control helps unmask dialogue frequencies by dynamically reducing the frequencies on other stems
- Program-dependent EQ adds cuts or boosts only when needed, so that when you have sound effects and different voice actors coming in and out, you can make sonic changes to selected parts of the program material
- Includes up to 7.1 surround support with control over LFE channel processing.
Regardless of the size of the project (TV or film), post production mixes are usually split into differently grouped stems and buses, to enable fast, efficient content repurposing or dubbing.
Dialogue – each dialogue track is typically mono, but mixed into a stem bus, which will usually be in 5.0 or 5.1
Production Sound / Ambience – ambience, environmental, context-establishing steady sounds
Sound Effects / Foley – sudden, momentary sounds correlating directly with events onscreen
Music – film score, music placement
By placing iZotope’s RX Final Mix on each of the stem buses, you are able to quickly, dynamically adjust the content, with program-dependent, reactive EQ to ensure the best-sounding end result.
As an example, the background music can be dynamically reduced within the dialogue frequency range to ensure the dialogue is not being masked. Within this scenario, by utilising the Dynamic EQ feature, we can ensure that only the masking frequencies within the music will be reduced when they exceed a certain level, allowing the dialogue to be heard, without forcing the entire backing music to be reduced.
RX Final Mix Features
- Equalizer with Dynamic EQ feature
- Eight bands
- Each band can be independently static or dynamic
- True Peak Limiter – ultra transparent, mastering-grade surround limiter
- True Peak compliance – adjustable-ceiling True Peak level, for any spec
- Lift control – adjust input gain before the limiter
- LFE Bypass channel (optional when mixing in surround sound)
- Presets designed to fit workflow scenarios
- Up to 7.1 surround support
- Resizable window
- Designed and built specifically for post production
- Supports all major music hosts / DAWs and major video editors (including Avid Pro Tools, Nuendo, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro CC & Audition CC, and Final Cut Pro X)