Rob Papen’s Blue ‘cross-fusion’ virtual synth has been appearing on blockbuster movie soundtracks and chart topping dance tunes alike for many years now. Why is Blue different? Well, it offers a unique combination of FM, Phase Distortion, Wave Shaping and Subtractive Synthesis all in one package, allowing sound design possibilities just not available with other plugins.
So now the wait is nearly over as Rob Papen Blue II is almost here, taking the Blue concept even further and journeying ever deeper into the sound design unknown with exciting new capabilities. Here are some of the highlights;
- A user interface overhaul with preset and bank manager, as found in Predator, SubBoomBass, Blade etc.
- New range of waveforms, which are ‘samples’ dedicated to synth sounds, special sounds, choirs, strings, flutes and many more.
- Added option to wave-sequence.
- The XY pad of Blade is now included, which is great in combination with FM synthesis.
- 4 FX in total with new algorithms.
Check out the video below and there’s also a free demo version available, start your Blue voyage of discovery today!
Update 11th March – Rob Papen Blue II is now available, you can download a demo version or purchase now from the Time+Space website.